Written by Administrator
Monday, 11 August 2008 00:42
Before entering the prayer hall
- Remove your shoes and put them in the shoe racks. You can use the shoe rack on either side.
- Wash your hands. Men’s and Women’s rest rooms are located next to shoe racks.
- Visitors without a proper head covering can borrow scarves provided by the Gurudwara, or otherwise use a large handkerchief.
Inside the prayer hall
- Bow in front of Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh Holy Scripture). Non sikhs are not required to bow but show of respect is appreciated.
- Everyone sits cross-legged on the carpet in the prayer hall irrespective of their status as a sign of equality. If you can not sit on the floor for some reason, please take a chair.
- Sit on the appropriate side of the prayer room.
- Preacher(Raggi) or a member of the congregation will read from the Guru Granth Sahib. Translation in english is dispalyed on the tv screens on the front walls.
- Raggi's or members of the congregation sing hyms from the Guru Granth Sahib.
- Religious prayer known as Anand Sahib
- Ardas (Prayer) where everyone stands up
- After Ardas everyone sits down and Hukamnama (Daily Hymn from Guru Granth Sahib) is read.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 August 2010 03:32